HANDS families share thanks at graduation
May 2, 2018
HANDS graduations are bittersweet. Staff is so proud of clients – the children and their families, and of the many things they have accomplished together. But there’s also sadness as children graduate and leave the program.
Some families stay in touch after graduation, but it’s not the same thing for staff as seeing and spending time with them, helping moms and dads build safe, strong lives for their babies.
We know what HANDS staff gets out of it – it’s clear in their smiles, laughter, and cheers before and during graduation. But it’s also clear in their tears as families depart.
So it’s always nice to hear impressions from the families of their experience and their Family Support Worker, especially when it’s clear the wonderful relationship and progress they shared. Following are some comments from HANDS families from the April 2018 graduation:
- “Thank you for everything that was done to help my child grow.”
- “Thank you for your support. We miss you so much!”
- “Barbara is a great worker. She’s very kind with us and did a great job.”
- “Dear Ms. Beverly, it has been a pleasure seeing and working with you. I appreciate all your help.”
- “Thank you for all you helped with. We will miss HANDS, and most of all Megan.”
- “Thank you Silvia for your hard work and help and we’ll miss you.”
- “Thanks for being the best there is, Mrs. Tobia and Mrs. Tiffany.”
We couldn’t be prouder of the HANDS team, and we join with the families to say thank you – for all you do.