Family & Children’s Place welcomes new Ambassadors
December 19, 2016
Young leaders share energy, experience to raise awareness, funds for child abuse prevention agency
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Dec. 19, 2016) – Family & Children’s Place, Louisville’s leading child abuse prevention and treatment provider, is pleased to welcome 13 young business and community leaders, the agency’s third class of Ambassadors.
Class members, who represent banking, logistics, law, publishing and finance, bring the agency added awareness and support through volunteerism, networking and mentoring with Board of Director members.
Members of the Class of 2017 are:
- Abbie Druschel, Humana
- Amanda Guenther, UPS
- Ashley Clay, Bingham Greenebaum Doll
- Augusto DaSilva, UPS
- Blake Gilley, Teachers Credit Union
- Celia Bourgetel, Fifth Third Bank
- Crystal Roberts, Fifth Third Bank
- Jamie Ogles, Leadership Southern Indiana
- Jessica Matlock, First Savings Bank
- Natalie Turner, Aramark
- Rachel McMahan, Business First
- Rachel Washburn, Bingham Greenebaum Doll
- Redmon Lair, Wakefield Reutlinger
“With this class, we have close to 40 active and alumni Ambassadors,” said Micah Jorrisch, director of corporate and community partnerships and the agency’s sponsor for the program. “Each of them has a personal connection and commitment to protecting and healing children, so we look forward to their energy and ideas and some innovative, exciting projects.”
Michelle Hagan, a member of the Class of 2016 and staffer at UPS, is chair of the new class. She will help manage the program alongside Jorrisch and be the principal point of contact and liaison between Ambassadors and the Board of Directors.
As an Ambassador, members commit to:
- Participate in an agency and program orientation
- Participate in quarterly service days with F&CP programs
- Work in small cohorts on projects to increase awareness and fundraising
- Attend the annual Louisville Child Abuse Prevention Breakfast – Building Brighter Futures – in April
- Co-host one monthly Lunch and Learn, a one-hour informational lunch and tour of the Kosair Charities Child Advocacy Center
# # #
About Family & Children’s Place
Family & Children’s Place protects Kentuckiana children, families and communities from abuse, neglect and exploitation, and helps move them from hurting to healing. We serve nearly 5,000 children and families annually through trauma-informed and impact-evident services. For more information about Family and Children’s Place, visit www.famchildplace.org or call 502-893-3900.