Blog, Press Releases
Family & Children’s Place elects three new members to board
July 22, 2015
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (July 22, 2015) – Family & Children’s Place welcomes three new members to its governing board as it bids a bittersweet goodbye to three longtime board volunteers completing their terms. Joining the agency, which works with children and families hurt by abuse, are:
- Erica Lemberger, a board certified family nurse practitioner with expertise in forensics and sexual assault.
- Daro Mott, a certified project management professional who serves as deputy director and chief of staff of the Office of Performance Improvement with Louisville Metro Government.
- Anthony Schwallie, market president for MainSource Bank in Louisville.
Leaving the board is:
- Rob Edwards, director of strategic initiatives and regulatory affairs for UK Healthcare in Lexington.
- Charles Robello, financial advisor with Wells Fargo.
- Tony Disser, senior vice president, clinical operations, Kindred Healthcare in Louisville.
“We are so pleased to welcome our new members and look forward to their support and guidance as we strive to help more children and families have the chance to again be happy in life,” said Pam Darnall, president and CEO of Family & Children’s Place. “But we’re sad to say goodbye to Rob, Charles and Tony, who have contributed so much to our work. “We know their commitment to the mission won’t fade, so we look forward to their continued support and to seeing them at agency events such as Caper, our Building Brighter Futures Breakfasts and others,” she added. In its most recent meeting, the board also elected new officers:
- Chair: Steve Gutermuth, managing director, Green Square Capital.
- Vice-chair: Tim Huval, SVP, chief human resources officer, Humana.
- Secretary-Treasurer: Will Thompson, director of transfer pricing, Brown-Forman Corp.
Dr. Lemberger works with Jefferson County Public Schools, where she provides prenatal, family planning and primary care services to pregnant and parenting teenage high school students through the Teenage Parent Program (TAPP). She is a certified forensic nurse and certified sexual assault nurse examiner of adults, adolescents and children. She has served on the Center for Health Equity Racism task force and on the Mayor’s Hometown-Infant Mortality Task Force. Mott, who is a Six Sigma Black Belt and Lean Leader, pursuing his Six Sigma Black Belt, teaches at the University of Louisville, the University of Indiana Southeast and ATA College. He also sits on the Board of Examiners for the Kentucky Center for Performance Excellence. Schwallie is a senior financial services leader whose bank has nearly $3 billion in assets and 70 banking centers in
four states. He has also worked with Fifth Third Bancorp in North Carolina, as well as financial institutions in Columbus and Cincinnati, Ohio. Family & Children’s Place board members are unpaid volunteers and serve three-year terms. # # # About Family & Children’s Place Family & Children’s Place protects Kentuckiana children, families and communities from abuse, neglect and exploitation, and helps move them from hurting to healing. We serve nearly 5,000 children and families annually through trauma-informed and impact-evident services. For more information about Family and Children’s Place, visit www.famchildplace.org or call 502-893-3900.