Report Abuse
To report abuse, please call 1.800.752.6200 (KY) or 1.800.800.5556 (IN).


Get your license to care

June 5, 2015

You can help prevent child abuse in Kentucky simply by getting a new license plate.

Replace your standard “Unbridled Spirit” plate with a specially designed “I Care About Kids” plate and you can show the world (or at least everyone behind you) that you support the important work of agencies such as Family & Children’s Place, which provide services to victims of child sexual abuse and their families.

The initial cost of the plate is higher – $44 vs. $21 and $26 vs. $21 for annual renewal, but the higher fee is simply an investment in the health and welfare of Kentucky’s kids. Proceeds from the plates go to the Kentucky Child Victims’ Trust Fund (CVTF), which funds child sexual abuse prevention programs across the state.

Funds support regional and statewide prevention programs that use innovative strategies to provide children with personal safety skills, teach adults how to keep children safe from child sexual abuse and exploitation, and inform the public about mandatory reporting of suspected child abuse.

The CVTF also provides partial reimbursement for child sexual abuse medical exams at children’s advocacy centers across the state, including the Family & Children’s Place Kosair Charities Child Advocacy Center here in Louisville, a program of Family & Children’s Place.

Consider it your license to care about Kentucky’s kids!